The party season has ended, the credit card bills are starting to hit the mat, you are carrying a few extra pounds from all that lovely Christmas food and drink, and your motivation towards all those resolutions you were so keen on 3 weeks ago is starting to wear thin…
So what can you do?
Well, the cheerful folks at the Optimists Society have declared Monday 18th January, “International Optimism Day” – and invite you to go out and cheer up those around you by getting together with the people you care about and having a fantastic fun day.
We agree. Studies show that one of the best ways to feel happier yourself is to perform an act of kindness for someone.
So why not:
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to for ages
- Say hello to someone you see everyday, but never speak to
- Do something random and lovely for a complete stranger
- Pay someone a compliment
- Show your gratitute for something you normally take for granted
- Say ‘yes’ to something you’d normally say ‘no’ to
If you really want to start changing the way you feel, don’t wait for the 18th…
Start now, and do at least one thing every day.
That’s because, very often, the way we feel is simply a habit, so make a new habit, and have fun doing it!
Why not share your ideas and tell us what things you have done by leaving a comment below.
Rob & Heidi